This page will give you all of the information you need to handle offload delays with or without transfer to another crew, for single and multiple-patient situations. (In progress)
1. Call Dispatch and ask for an offload delay event number.
2. Incident > General > in To / From Event number enter the new event number.
3. Incident > Times / Details > Complications / Barriers
> Turn-Around Barrier > Offload Delay
4. Review > Signatures & Waivers > Offload Delay Transfer of Care > enter charge nurse first and last name and have them sign.
If you are handing over a patient to another crew for an offload delay:
Crew 1 (prehospital)
1. Enter as much information into your PCR as you can
2. After your typed comments, enter your PHSA employee number in brackets, e.g. . NOTE: Secondary triage RN may enter first initial / lastname RN then employee number.
3. Do not enter the Transfer of Care time (the second crew will enter this into their PCR). Override this required field with a reason of “Transfer to Other Crew”
4. Use “Transfer Control” to copy and transfer your PCR to the crew who will be taking over patient care for the offload delay
Crew 2 (offload delay)
1. Open the PCR you received from the prehospital crew
2. Enter the pre-hospital Event Number Incident > General > Event Number
3. Enter the Offload Delay Event Number Incident > General > To / From Event Number
4. Incident > Times / Details > Complications / Barriers > Turn-Around Barriers > Offload Delay
5. Enter pertinent comments (enter your PHSA employee number in square brackets at end ofcomments), Vital Signs, Assessments or Procedures while the patient is in your care
6. Enter the hospital transfer of care time Incident > Times Details > Times > Care Transfer
7. Outcomes > Patient Disposition / Other > Patient Disposition, select the applicable options under “Assessment” and “Treatment”. Under “Transport” select “No Transport Required”
8. Review > Signatures and Waivers > Offload Delay Transfer of Care, have the triage nurse at the hospital sign-off on the offload delay
9. Under Review > Required Fields, override any outstanding required fields with a reason of “Other” (type in Offload Delay into the free text)