- Selective inhibitor of type 3 serotonergic (5-HT3) receptors.
Onset of action:
- Relief of moderate to severe nausea and vomiting.
- Hypersensitivity to ondansetron.
- Congenital long QT syndrome
- Assess nausea type and intensity prior to administration.
- Assess efficacy of nausea relief shortly after administration.
- Assess respiratory rate, heart rate, and BP frequently.
- Closely monitor for respiratory depression and CNS effects in elderly patients and patients with renal and/or hepatic impairment.
- Cardiovascular hemodynamic anomalies.
- CNS effects (depression, agitation).
- 2 mg PO for age 6 month – 4 years
- 4 mg PO for age 4 and up
Do not repeat
Child must be 6 months or greaterSee BCEHS Pediatric Dosage (BCEHS Peds Dosages) recommendations for age and weight-appropriate dosing information.