To facilitate patient care and transport where both analgesia and sedation / amnesia are required for a short duration, such as extrication, fracture management, or to facilitate oxygenation and/or ventilation pre-intubation.
• ABSOLUTE: Inability to adequately monitor the Airway, Oxygenation AND Ventilation.
• RELATIVE: TBI.
• RELATIVE: Shock Physiology.
• Required for anyone under the age of 12.
• Employ AIME Principles.
• Titrated to effect
• PSA is usually several doses/aliquots over a short time period, titrated to effect.
• Consider starting with 0.5mg/kg, with subsequent doses of 0.25mg/kg or less as needed.
• ketAMINE 0.1 - 0.5mg/kg Slow IV/IO Q60sec PRN
• Reduce the dose of ketAMINE when shock physiology is present.
• Treat Emergence Phenomenon only if required.
• Adult: mIDAZOLam 1-2mg IV/IO/IM Q2 to 3mins PRN
• Pediatric: mIDAZOLam 0.1mg/kg IV/IO/IM Q2 to 3mins PRN